Thursday 1 January 2015

A Friend Indeed

"No, he isn't the right guy for you. Trust me, his feelings are fake. You need to come out of this, Jiah. It's better to leave him now rather than have repercussions at the end." his words kept ringing in her ears as though an old cassette got stuck in a tape-recorder. 

If only I had followed Ashwin's word, her thoughts forming a cloud. 

She was completely broken down after such a horrendous text from her boyfriend, now ex, when he stated that he had found a girl with better prospects.

All the love which he showed to me was fake, she thought, when first drops of tears trickled down her eyes and little drops began to form a mighty ocean and that's when she made a drastic decision.

She found an old rope from the girl's guides kit in her almirah, and made a knot such that her head fits in and hung it on to a ceiling fan and inserted her head inside. That's when her cell phone buzzed into life.

Ashwin Calling.

She smiled and removed the rope from the ceiling fan and untied the knot, slapped herself on her foolish act and thought, why should I die when I have a friend to whom I mean the world and when I know he'll do anything for me? and attended the call.

Love maybe considered as the greatest feeling in the world, but when it betrays a person, it's a friend who comes all the way to wipe off your tears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment